Building codes outline the minimum performance requirements for construction materials across Canada, including considerations for structural design, fire safety, and resilience against disaster.
Use of the most up to date editions of these codes is a particularly critical aspect of engineering design, and the Cement Association of Canada is actively involved in many building code committees representing the interests of the cement and concrete industry.
A series of links to national and regional building codes are provided below:
- National Research Council of Canada: Codes Canada
- British Columbia Building Codes
- Saskatchewan Building and Technical Standards
- Ontario Building Code
- Nova Scotia Building Code
- Buildings and Development in Prince Edward Island
- CSA Material Standards